Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wave One, Day Three

Sorry, folks, my phone was dead come time for dinner picture.

Alas, tandoori chicken, roasted eggplant salad. Pretty ugly, really, since the yogurt marinade on the chicken blackens instantly and eggplant, while beautiful on the outside, is not so lovely after roasting.

I am still so hungry. I don't remember being this hungry the last time I did wave one. But I have been ravenous since 5 pm, even though I've had dinner, a cucumber, a couple of handfuls of grape tomatoes (not on the meal plan, but they are on the all-you-can-eat list), and 28 peanuts (I doubled my daily allotment! I had to).

To be sure, wave one is a very restricted diet-- about 1100-1300 calories a day for women. That isn't much, but nor is it so very little. When I did wave one before, I weighed 20 lbs more than I do right now. So, what's different now?

I have two ideas: One, I exercise a lot more, at least lately. I've been to the gym or to a yoga class almost every day this year. Two, I take thyroid medication that controls my metabolism. I'm not sure exactly what that means for dieting, but it wouldn't surprise me if it had some affect.

So, strategies for survival-- and not making Bill hate me. First, eat more of the all-you-can-eat vegetables. If that doesn't work, up my nut consumption?

Also, I used my willpower again today, when my colleague came into my office to offer me a piece of dark chocolate. 


No comments: