Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What I am eating, day one

Readers, I thought you might appreciate a recap of what I am eating in a day, so I will try to update daily with this news. Initially I thought such things might be tedious, but maybe you are curious?

Anyway.

6/2/09
Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs (with just salt, pepper, & water)
1 slice whole grain toast
a few cups of black coffee

Lunch:
Ate at the work cafe today (a very rare occasion), and ordered a taco salad, light on the chips (this meant maybe 5-7 homemade corn chips), with black beans, chicken breast, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. Didn't eat much of the sour cream (maybe a tablespoon); otherwise, ate the whole thing.
1 Starlight mint

Dinner:
Turkey Garbanzo Bean Soup
Homemade Hummus (2 tablespoons) with two carrots and about 4 inches of cucumber
Apple

Snack:
Big bowl of popcorn with a big shake of popcorn salt. 1/4 cup raw popped on the stove in one teaspoon canola oil.

Exercise:
1.5 hour class, yoga flow.

Assessment:
Rather unusual in that I did not pack my lunch, and thus consumed less vegetables than usual and probably more calories. Also, I literally never eat candy. I think that starlight mint was the first I've eaten since beginning the diet in February.

No comments: