Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Clothes...

So, I have reached the point where my clothes are becoming too big. Probably not too big to wear with the help of belts, but too big to say, look like they fit. And that's fine. I'd really prefer not to wear a 12 on bottom (and my Gap 10s are getting too big too!), so I am more or less content to be smaller than my favorite jeans. It's just that, well, I liked my clothes. And I've really been the same size for my whole post-pubescent life, so all of my clothes are roughly the same size. And all of the pants* are too big.

Plus, I really don't want to buy new clothes. I'm trying very hard not treat shopping as a hobby, I am not done losing weight, and my bountiful closet contains plenty of clothes that look more or less OK on me.

Question: Do I get rid of my clothes as I shrink out of them? I am tempted to sell them on ebay/at resell shops to fund new clothes acquisition, but I am inclined to think that it makes sense to box them up for a while and sell them after I've successfully maintained my weight loss for a pre-determined period.



*Please note that my shirts mostly fit fine. I don't know if a day will ever come where a size large top is too big.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I'd box at least some of them and put them away until you get to a weight that's "sustainable."

Maybe you could maintain your clothes volume by selling a couple pairs of pants, then buying two in your new size. That way, you'll always have clothes that fit and your wardrobe can make progress as you do?