Friday, July 8, 2011

Salad week, day 3

Today I got up and ran, both before breakfast and before it got too hot for physical exertion.

Then I came home and immediately wolfed down a nectarine.

And then I scrambled myself some eggs with tomato, onion, a little pecorino romano cheese, a habenero hot sauce, and yes, a handful of crushed corn chips. My attempt to approximate something weird people eat in Texas called "Migas" and also get through the bag of tortilla chips before they go stale. Not a salad, I know, but it was delicious and there were vegetables.

For lunch, leftover quinoa salad from the day before. It is, if I do say, delicious. And will be delicious when I eat even more of it for breakfast tomorrow.  More on that tomorrow.

For dinner, a salad of my own creation, loosely based on several recipes for Chinese/Asian/Oriental Chicken Salad.

For this, I baked chicken tenders brushed with sesame oil and soy sauce, and tossed with green cabbage, leaf lettuce, shredded carrots and radishes, mango, cucumber, and dressed with: a small thumb's worth of ginger, two garlic cloves, several pinches of sesame seeds, a small scoop of chili garlic sauce, a small shake of sesame oil, and a large shake each of soy sauce, safflower oil, and rice vinegar.


As for snacking, well, I had the last of the black apricots of betrayal, and a bowl of blueberries and chopped up strawberries, tossed with a scoop of fat-free, plain yogurt.  And you can bet that later this evening, I will fix myself a bowl of popcorn, because I've just sat myself down for some True Blood with my true love. D'awww.

No comments: