Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Salad news

So, I have been eating more salads lately-- fear not, internet.

Yesterday for lunch I concocted a delightful quinoa, nectarine, arugula, and feta salad. I sadly took no picture, but I'm sure you can imagine what these four ingredients looked like in a bowl.

No, the real reason I am posting is to share an article I just read. Which gives an overview of the work of some researchers who have discovered that, in fact, counting calories has little to do with weight loss and instead, that what you eat is most important.

And surprise, what you eat should be mostly plants. Fruits, veggies, whole grains. Shocking, I know. Here's their list of what to eat.

Oh, and? Eating full fat dairy has little effect on weight. So, cheese, come to mama. 

Anyway, my favorite bits of news are the ones that validate my own lifestyle choices, so I figured I'd share. And, world, please stop eating Lean Cuisines. They break my heart.

From: NYTimes Personal Health-- Personal Health: Still Counting Calories? Your Weight-Loss Plan May Be Outdated & Choose Foods to Shed the Pounds

No comments: